Office XP MOD/Access 2002 runtime can't install on Windows XP SP2, Vista, 2003 Server or Windows 7
(Last Updated 2009-11-29)
- Installation of Access 2002 Runtime By [email protected] 19 years ago I've recently purchased XP developer from MS and can't figure out where I find the files to install Access 2002 Runtime.
- This open-source framework released by Microsoft enables you to apply runtime fixups for issues that might appear when migrating to MSIX some legacy applications that you don’t have the source code for. So far it sounds great. A solution to our problem. It shouldn’t be that hard to apply it and get back to our geeky fun projects.
- Jul 18, 2017 Microsoft Office 2002 full version for all type of Windows such as Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1 & 10 you can free download to your PC from the secure download links below. This setup includes all MS.
Error: 'The Office System Pack cannot be installed on this system because it requires Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 6 or later.'
Don't install the MSI 3.1 runtime files with your setup (install MSI 2.0 or none at all), or build a custom prerequisite to install MSI 3.1 instead of using the option in Release wizard. Status: This problem has been reported in the InstallShield Community Forum. Macrovision is aware of the problem and working on a fix in InstallShield 12.0.
For Windows 7 also remove the AGENTSVR.EXE line from the OSPFILELIST file. See Error with Access 2002 deployment package on Windows 7 which referenced http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=908669 The other files to be removed from that file are Dbmsadsn.dll, Msxml.dll. Dbnmpntw.dll, Sqloledb.dll.
The below is for Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista and Windows 2003 Server and also applies to Windows 7. Serum cracked xfertreerealestate vs.
The following article now supersedes the rest of this page. You may receive error messages when you install an Access 2002 runtime deployment package on a computer that is running Windows XP SP2, Windows Server 2003, or Windows Vista
Note: This is preliminary information. Thanks to the original posters for making the call to Microsoft Support.
This page only exists to give folks who are encountering this problem something to locate when doing a search. This page will be deprecated once a KB article is available at Microsoft.
Someone else contacted MS and posted the following:
We were able to get support from Microsoft regarding this issue.
It turns out to be a known issue; they found a reference to it in their internal (not public) version of Knowledge Base.
They say the problem is due to a dll that is no longer needed.
Here is their fix: Error: 'The Office System Pack cannot be installed on this system because it requires Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 6 or later.'
A specific DLL (DBMSADSN.DLL) that is on the OSPFILELIST is no longer included in MDAC. (Effective with MDAC 2.8) As such, since the runtime setup cannot locate the file, the installation fails.
- Navigate to where the runtime files have been installed on your developer machine and then open the Packaging Wizard folder (i.e. C:Program FilesMicrosoft Office DeveloperPackaging Wizard)
- Rename the OSPFILELIST.TXT file to OSPFILELISTORIGINAL.TXT to retain a backup for packaging
for other OS's.
- Make a copy of OSPFILELISTORIGINAL.TXT and rename it to OSPFILELIST.TXT
- Open OSPFILELIST.TXT
- Delete the entire line for:
- Save and close the file
- Re-package the application (This is required so the package will include the modified OSPFILELIST.)
(This message can't be found on msnews.microsoft.com or groups.google.com but can be located by visiting the Microsoft microsoft.public.windows.server.general page and searching on OSPFILELIST.TXT)
The following is now out of date but is retained for historical purposes.
Error message: 'The Office System Pack cannot be installed on this system because it requires Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 6 or later.' The window was titled 'Visual Basic 6.0 Setup Toolkit'
Original groups.google.com posting.
The poster states 'I just got off the phone with Microsoft. They are able to reproduce the problem.
They were able to track the problem down to c:windowssystem32psapi.dll on their machine
They renamed the file and a newer version was automatically copied from the cache folder.
I have not tried this yet. They said different machines could have problems with different files. They suggested using filemon utility from sysinternals.com to diagnose the install problem.'
Access 2002 Runtime Installer Download Fast Print On Pc
[ Access ! Main ]kbupdate.info ›
chronological list: 2020 .. 2007/1211987654321 2006 2005 2004 2003
alphabetical list: ABCDEFGHIJLMNOPQRSTUVWY
This list contains all of the known Microsoft Knowledge Basearticles, howtos, fixes, hotfixes, webcasts and updates of Microsoft Access 2002 (Access XP) that have been released in January 2007. The list is daily updated.
- 316032 'This command is not available because the document is locked for edit' error message when you try to edit old or new documents in Office XP and in Office 2003Q316032 KB316032January 31, 2007
- 314810 Error message during Office 2000 or Office XP installation: 'Error 1335 - Cannot Copy Cab File Office1.cab'Q314810 KB314810January 31, 2007
- 314598 How to retrieve a lost or hidden Database window in Microsoft AccessQ314598 KB314598January 31, 2007
- 313454 How to clear the Most Recently Used list (MRU) list in Office programsQ313454 KB313454January 31, 2007
- 313048 HOW TO: Change the Default 'Save Prompt' Text When Users Save an Office XP Document in an Alternate FormatQ313048 KB313048January 31, 2007
- 312510 OFF: Some Files Are Not Found When You Search for Office DocumentsQ312510 KB312510January 31, 2007
- 311171 Part 4 of 'Keeping Your Information Accurate in Access 2003 and Access 2002': Using an input mask to restrict dataQ311171 KB311171January 31, 2007
- 307818 OFF: Error Message When You Click a Hyperlink in an Office DocumentQ307818 KB307818January 31, 2007
- 306986 You receive an 'An Internal Error has occurred” or a “Setup cannot create the folder” when you install Office XPQ306986 KB306986January 31, 2007
- 304861 OFFXP: 'Handwriting Recognition in Office XP' White Paper Available for DownloadQ304861 KB304861January 31, 2007
- 304860 Description of the 'Speech Recognition in Office XP' white paperQ304860 KB304860January 31, 2007
- 304418 How to programmatically create an AutoNumber field and set its 'New Values' property to RandomQ304418 KB304418January 31, 2007
- 304146 You may receive a 'Cannot update. Database or object is read-only' error message when you use the TransferSpreadsheet actionQ304146 KB304146January 31, 2007
- 303475 File download dialog box appears when you open Office XP file in browserQ303475 KB303475January 31, 2007
- 303048 You receive a 'Please wait while the wizard initializes..' error message when the Activation Wizard dialog box appearsQ303048 KB303048January 31, 2007
- 302841 ACC2002: Hyperlink Text Changes to Question Marks When You Paste the Text into Other Office ProgramsQ302841 KB302841January 31, 2007
- 302460 The Office XP Automation Help file is available for downloadQ302460 KB302460January 31, 2007
- 302295 How To Obtain the Window Handle for an Office Automation Server by Using Visual C# .NETQ302295 KB302295January 31, 2007
- 301990 'The Office Assistant requires Microsoft Agent 2.0 or later' error message when you start an Office XP program or use the Office Assistant in a programQ301990 KB301990January 31, 2007
- 299777 'Error 2908. Could not register component ' error message when you install Office 2000Q299777 KB299777January 31, 2007
- 298174 Sample code to import all database objects in AccessQ298174 KB298174January 31, 2007
- 298019 OFFXP: Error Message: No Program Is Registered to Open This FileQ298019 KB298019January 31, 2007
- 295365 OFFXP: Office Assistant Is Hidden When You Click Help Topic SuggestionQ295365 KB295365January 31, 2007
- 295342 OFFXP: New Dialog Box Does Not Appear When You Click New on File MenuQ295342 KB295342January 31, 2007
- 294916 Graphics or text may be corrupted when you scroll in a document or resize a window in an Office XP programQ294916 KB294916January 31, 2007
- 294555 You receive a 'Problem retrieving printer information' error message in Access 2002 and in Access 2003Q294555 KB294555January 31, 2007
- 294410 Nulls replaced with next field's data when You export to Microsoft ExcelQ294410 KB294410January 31, 2007
- 293205 OFFXP: Curves in AutoShapes Are Printed as Line SegmentsQ293205 KB293205January 31, 2007
- 292583 OFFXP: Product ID in Splash Screen May Be Different from About <Program Name> Dialog BoxQ292583 KB292583January 31, 2007
- 292502 OFFXP: Earlier Versions of Office Programs Are Listed in Microsoft Office Application Recovery UtilityQ292502 KB292502January 31, 2007
- 292499 Image does not appear in thumbnail view after removing OfficeQ292499 KB292499January 31, 2007
- 292466 OFFXP: Unable to Select a Menu Item by Using a Voice CommandQ292466 KB292466January 31, 2007
- 292163 OFFXP: Inferno.log File Is Created and Updated When You Use the Handwriting FeatureQ292163 KB292163January 31, 2007
- 291533 How to use Visual Basic to fill text boxes on a report in Microsoft AccessQ291533 KB291533January 31, 2007
- 291301 'ActiveX component can't create object' error message when you use Data Access Objects version 3.0 (DAO 3.0)Q291301 KB291301January 31, 2007
- 291048 OFFXP: Language Bar Is Minimized or Closed If You Minimize or Close an Office ProgramQ291048 KB291048January 31, 2007
- 290829 How to store Outlook items in an Access databaseQ290829 KB290829January 31, 2007
- 290709 OFFXP: Macro Virus Warning When You Insert Microsoft Excel WorkbookQ290709 KB290709January 31, 2007
- 290577 OFFXP: Office Assistant Not Answering Visual Basic for Applications QuestionsQ290577 KB290577January 31, 2007
- 290378 OFFXP: You Are Prompted for User Name When You Start a Program on Windows NT or Windows 2000Q290378 KB290378January 31, 2007
- 290364 OFFXP: Only One Icon Appears on the Taskbar When 'Windows in Taskbar' Option Is SelectedQ290364 KB290364January 31, 2007
- 290359 How to remove leading space for values converted to stringsQ290359 KB290359January 31, 2007
- 290231 An Office XP program immediately quits on computers that are running the Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, or Windows XP operating systemsQ290231 KB290231January 31, 2007
- 290157 OFFXP: Invalid Page Fault When You Run an Office ProgramQ290157 KB290157January 31, 2007
- 290150 OFFXP: How to Programmatically Hide and Unhide the Windows TaskbarQ290150 KB290150January 31, 2007
- 290115 OFFXP: Control How and When the Office Assistant AppearsQ290115 KB290115January 31, 2007
- 289314 STS: Office Program Stops Responding When You Connect to SharePoint Team Web SiteQ289314 KB289314January 31, 2007
- 289006 You may receive an error message or the Publisher icon becomes generic or no longer appears in the Start menu when you start an Office programQ289006 KB289006January 31, 2007
- 288729 General information about licensing and using Office XP Web ComponentsQ288729 KB288729January 31, 2007
- 288543 INFO: The Microsoft Office XP FileDialog ObjectQ288543 KB288543January 31, 2007
- 287472 Calendar control in Access shows as version 8.0 instead of version 10.0 or laterQ287472 KB287472January 31, 2007
- 287437 You may receive the 'Run-time error 2593' error message when you set or you retrieve the Recordset property of a report in an Access databaseQ287437 KB287437January 31, 2007
- 287414 You cannot link tables into a Microsoft Access project by using an ODBC Data Source Name (DSN)Q287414 KB287414January 31, 2007
- 287135 OFFXP: Windows Installer Starts with /Safe SwitchQ287135 KB287135January 31, 2007
- 287055 OFFXPDEV: Microsoft Access Runtime Is listed in the Microsoft Office Activation WizardQ287055 KB287055January 31, 2007
- 287038 OFFXP: System Info on Windows Me Is Not Refreshed When You Press F5Q287038 KB287038January 31, 2007
- 316723 PRB: Visual Studio .NET Shared Add-in Is Not Displayed in Office COM Add-ins Dialog BoxQ316723 KB316723January 30, 2007
- 286460 How To Set the Mask and Picture Properties for Office XP CommandBarsQ286460 KB286460January 29, 2007
- 285353 How to find a record from a drop-down list in a data access pageQ285353 KB285353January 29, 2007
- 284889 OFFXP: Error in Help Topic 'Turn On or Off Transparent Floating Toolbars'Q284889 KB284889January 29, 2007
- 283633 HOW TO: Display or Hide the Ask a Question Box in Microsoft OfficeQ283633 KB283633January 29, 2007
- 280660 OFFXP: No Date or Time Information Available When Program Stops Responding in Windows 98 or Windows MeQ280660 KB280660January 29, 2007
- 280605 OFFXP: Additional Icon Displayed When You Press ALT+TAB to Cycle Through Multiple Open Documents in Office ProgramQ280605 KB280605January 29, 2007
- 280600 OFFXP: Paste All Command from Office Clipboard Preserves Copy Order, Not Display OrderQ280600 KB280600January 29, 2007
- 280598 OFFXP: Mouse Clicks and Keyboard Commands Trigger Beeps, and Office Assistant Is Not VisibleQ280598 KB280598January 29, 2007
- 280592 OFFXP: Cannot Reset Changed Control Styles in Menu Commands or Toolbar ButtonsQ280592 KB280592January 29, 2007
- 280570 OFFXP: Unable to Sign Out of Microsoft Passport When Office Is Running in Reduced Functionality ModeQ280570 KB280570January 29, 2007
- 280567 Shared software components are removed when you uninstall Office 2000Q280567 KB280567January 29, 2007
- 280546 OFFXP: User Name and Company Name in Splash Screen Different from Names in 'About' Dialog BoxQ280546 KB280546January 29, 2007
- 280540 OFFXP: No Apparent Keyboard Command to Close the Task PaneQ280540 KB280540January 29, 2007
- 280534 OFFXP: Paste All and Then Undo Only Undoes Most Recent EntryQ280534 KB280534January 29, 2007
- 278378 How to use AddItem and RemoveItem to move selections from one list box to anotherQ278378 KB278378January 29, 2007
- 261997 How To Obtain the Window Handle for an Office Automation Server with MFCQ261997 KB261997January 27, 2007
- 247771 How to recover data from a damaged database table or a corrupted database table in Access 2000, Access 2002 or Access 2003Q247771 KB247771January 27, 2007
- 242002 PRB: ATL Control Appears Incorrect in Access ReportQ242002 KB242002January 25, 2007
- 238228 How to build an Office 2000 COM add-in in Visual BasicQ238228 KB238228January 24, 2007
- 236872 You receive an 'I/O Error' or the subfolders are displayed as question marks or squares in Office programsQ236872 KB236872January 24, 2007
- 224925 INFO: Type Libraries for Office May Change with New ReleaseQ224925 KB224925January 24, 2007
- 208683 'Microsoft Access can't change the working directory to' error message when you start AccessQ208683 KB208683January 23, 2007
- 201735 How to create USysRegInfo table for installing add-ins in Microsoft AccessQ201735 KB201735January 23, 2007
- 192919 How To Automate a Secured Access Database Using Visual BasicQ192919 KB192919January 23, 2007
- 181888 You receive an invalid page fault (IPF) while debugging Microsoft Access Automation codeQ181888 KB181888January 22, 2007
- 172967 Reset method of CommandBars rebuilds menu bar onlyQ172967 KB172967January 20, 2007
- 164109 ACC: Where to Find Microsoft Access Information on the WebQ164109 KB164109January 19, 2007
- 114306 WD: Inserting Database in Word Document Does Not Retain PicturesQ114306 KB114306January 18, 2007
- 317113 How To Automate Microsoft Access From Visual Basic .NETQ317113 KB317113January 17, 2007
- 310744 How To Dismiss a Dialog Box Displayed by an Office Application by Using Visual C++ .NET and MFCQ310744 KB310744January 17, 2007
- 308409 PRB: Visual Basic .NET Error Using GetObject or GetActiveObject for Running Instance of Office ApplicationQ308409 KB308409January 17, 2007
- 307292 How To: Dismiss a Dialog Box Displayed by an Office Application with Visual Basic .NETQ307292 KB307292January 17, 2007
- 304661 How To Use Visual Basic .NET for Binding for Office Automation ServersQ304661 KB304661January 17, 2007
- 259971 How To Dismiss a Dialog Box Displayed by an Office Application with Visual BasicQ259971 KB259971January 17, 2007
- 905530 FIX: When you create a database or a table, an error occurs and Access unexpectedly closes in Office Access 2003 or in Access 2002Q905530 KB905530January 16, 2007
- 916176 The wizard uses the run-time files that are included with the release version of Access when you create an installation package for an application in Access 2003 or in Access 2002Q916176 KB916176January 12, 2007
- 895618 An Office update does not appear to be installed after you install the updateQ895618 KB895618January 12, 2007
- 883870 Microsoft Replication Conflict Viewer displays “<No conflict tables>” even when synchronization conflicts exist among the replicas in Microsoft AccessQ883870 KB883870January 10, 2007
- 903776 Office updates are not successfully installed if you deploy updates by using Windows Server Update Services or the Microsoft Update Web site after the path of the local installation source changesQ903776 KB903776January 5, 2007