Engineering Chemistry 1st Year B.Tech Books & Lecture Notes Pdf Free Download: Any top universities or colleges or institutes engineering students can easily make use of available Engineering Chemistry Notes Pdf to score more marks in this subject in their 1st-semester exams. So, we have compiled some of the Best Engineering Chemistry Reference Books & Study Materials that you may find quite beneficial. Along with the best books for Eng. Chemistry 1st year subject, you can also get the download links of B.Tech 1st-year Chemistry Notes in Pdf & review questions in the following modules. So, make use of this article and refer the details like unit-wise Engineering Chemistry Syllabus, Study Materials, EC Books Pdf Download links, Units in Engineering Chemistry by Jain & Jain Textbook, etc.
The book titled “Mihir’s Handbook of Chemical Process Engineering” will aid the chemical engineer to carry out chemical process engineering in a very practical way. The process engineer can use the excel based calculation templates effectively to do precise and convenient process design.Since chemical engineering is a vast and complex field, this book aims to simplify the process. Download free Engineering Books related to Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Petroleum Engineering, Science and Math etc.
Sir I am a student of Chemical Engineering. Sir are the above mentioned notes of Chemical Engineering enough to crack gate 2021? In the subject notes an email address and a facebook group were mentioned but both of these are showing unavailable. If more notes are there please send me. I really need those. I am very thankful for your free notes. Chemical Engieering Ebooks. List of books available. Click on book name for more details and download link. Fundamentals of Chemistry. Essentials of Chemistry. Hydrocarbons - Physical Properties and their Relevance to Utilisation. Chemical Thermodynamics. Introduction to Polymer Science and Technology. Fundamentals of Reaction. 6 Chemical Engineering Design 4th Ed.pdf. Coulson Richardson s Chemical Engineering. 6 Chemical Engineering Design 4th Ed.pdf.
B. Tech 1st-year Engineering Chemistry (EC) Notes Pdf, Suggested Books, Unit-wise Syllabus & Important Questions
Having basic knowledge on all the concepts of Chemistry for engineering students is must need, it makes them as a professional and expert engineer in various design and material fields, along with the usage of available resources. Hence, top government & private universities, small institutes include Engineering Chemistry Subject in B.tech 1st semester to provide a basic understanding of the chemical engineering. In this article, we have provided the complete details about Engineering Chemistry Notes & Books pdf free download in the following links.
Engineering Chemistry 1st Year Lecture Notes Pdf Download
Check the below table and download Eng. Chemistry Notes & Books Pdf for free of cost in PDF:
|EC Notes & Question Paper||Download Links|
|Engineering Chemistry 1st-semester Books PDF||Download|
|B.Tech 1st Year Engineering Chemistry PDF Free Download||Download|
|Introduction to Engineering Chemistry 1st year Notes PPT||Download|
|Engineering Chemistry Question Paper Pdf||Download|
Also Check:B.Tech Course Details
Recommended Books for B.Tech 1st Year Engineering Chemistry
We presented the best books for Engineering Chemistry which is required most to improve your skills and knowledge on the subject. Preparing for the Engineering Chemistry Exam with the help of experts suggested books is the better option to score more marks. You can make the most out of these EC Reference books and use them as an important source at the time of preparation to clear the exam easily.
- A Textbook of Engineering Chemistry by S. S. Dara; S. Chand & Co Ltd., Latest Edition
- Engineering Chemistry by Jain and Jain; Dhanpat Rai Publication Co.
- Applied Chemistry by H.D. Gesser, Springer Publishers
- Engineering Chemistry by Shikha Agarwal; Cambridge University Press, 2015 edition.
- B. Siva Shankar, “Engineering Chemistry”, Tata Mc Graw Hill Publishing Limited, 3rd Edition, 2015.
- Engineering Chemistry of Wiley India Pvt. Ltd., Vairam and others, 2014 edition (second).
- Textbook of Nanoscience and nanotechnology by B.S. Murthy, P. Shankar, and others, University Press, IIM
- C. V. Agarwal, C. P. Murthy, A. Naidu, “Chemistry of Engineering Materials”, Wiley India, 5th Edition, 2013.
- Engineering Chemistry by Prasanth Rath, Cengage Learning, 2015 edition.
- S. S. Dara, Mukkanti, “Text of Engineering Chemistry”, S. Chand & Co, New Delhi, 12th Edition, 2006.
- R. P. Mani, K. N. Mishra, “Chemistry of Engineering Materials”, Cengage Learning, 3rd Edition, 2015.
Syllabus of 1st Year Engineering Chemistry for CE, ME, PCE, PE, Met.E, Mining, Automobile, Aeronautical, Chemical, Bio.tech Eng. Students
The latest syllabus details that you require to learn about the Engineering Chemistry Subject are provided here. Just refer to the below unit-wise B.Tech 1st Year EC Syllabus and understand the topics and concepts in a better way. Ensure, you start your preparation with the concepts of the high-level programming knowledge in advance. The core engineering chemistry syllabus resulted in the majority of the colleges is as under. There can be an inadequate change in the topics defined below.
UNIT I: HIGH POLYMERS AND PLASTICS
Polymerization:- Introduction- Mechanism of polymerization – Stereoregular polymers – methods of polymerization (emulsion and suspension) -Physical and mechanical properties – Plastics as engineering materials: advantages and limitations –Thermoplastics and Thermosetting plastics – Compounding and fabrication (4/5 techniques)- Preparation, properties, and applications of polyethylene, PVC, Bakelite Teflon, and polycarbonates Elastomers:- Natural rubber- compounding and vulcanization – Synthetic rubbers: Buna S, Buna N, Thiokol, and polyurethanes – Applications of elastomers. Composite materials & Fiber Reinforced plastics – Biodegradable polymers –Conducting polymers.
UNIT II: FUEL TECHNOLOGY
Fuels – Introduction – Classification – Calorific value – HCV and LCV – Dulong’s formula – Bomb calorimeter – Numerical problems – Coal –– Proximate and ultimate analysis – Significance of the analyses – Liquid fuels – Petroleum- Refining – Cracking – Synthetic petrol –Petrol knocking – Diesel knocking – Octane and Cetane ratings – Anti-knock agents – Power alcohol – Bio-diesel – Gaseous fuels – Natural gas, LPG and CNG –Combustion – Calculation of air for the combustion of fuel – Flue gas analysis – Orsat apparatus – Numerical problems on combustion. Explosives:- Rocket fuels
UNIT III: ELECTROCHEMICAL CELLS AND CORROSION
Galvanic cells:– Reversible and irreversible cells – Single electrode potential – Electro Chemical series and uses of this series- Standard electrodes (Hydrogen and Calomel electrodes) Concentration Cells – Batteries: Dry Cell – Ni-Cd cells – Ni-Metal hydride cells – Li cells – Zinc – Air cells.
Corrosion:- Definition – Theories of Corrosion (chemical & electrochemical) – Formation of galvanic cells by different metals, by concentration cells, by differential aeration and waterline corrosion – Passivity of metals – Pitting corrosion – Galvanic series – Factors which influence the rate of corrosion – Protection from corrosion – Design and material selection – Cathodic protection – Protective coatings: – Surface preparation – Metallic (cathodic and anodic) coatings – Methods of application on metals (Galvanizing, Tinning, Electroplating, Electroless plating).
UNIT IV: CHEMISTRY OF ADVANCED MATERIALS
Nanomaterials:- Introduction – Sol-gel method & chemical reduction method of preparation – Characterization by BET method and TEM methods – Carbon Nano Tubes and fullerenes: Types, preparation, properties, and applications
Liquid crystals:- Introduction – Types – Applications
Superconductors:- Type –I, Type II – Characteristics and applications Green synthesis:- Principles – 3or 4 methods of synthesis with examples – R4M4 principles
UNIT V: WATER TECHNOLOGY
Hard water:- Reasons for hardness – units of hardness – determination of hardness and alkalinity – Water for steam generation – Boiler troubles – Priming and Foaming, Scale formation, Boiler corrosion, Caustic embrittlement – Internal treatments – Softening of Hard water: Lime – Soda process, Zeolite process and numerical problems based on these processes and Ion Exchange process – Water for drinking purposes- Purification – Sterilization and disinfection: Chlorination, Breakpoint chlorination and other methods – Reverse Osmosis and Electro Dialysis.
UNIT VI: CHEMISTRY OF ENGINEERING MATERIALS AND FUEL CELLS
Refractories:– Definition, characteristics, classification, properties, failure of refractories Lubricants: – Definition, Function, Theory, and mechanism of lubricants, properties (Definition and importance)
Cement:– Constituents, manufacturing, hardening and setting, deterioration of cement
Insulators:– Thermal and electrical insulators
Fuel cells:– Hydrogen Oxygen fuel cells – Methanol Oxygen fuel cells
B.Tech 1st Year Engineering Chemistry Textbook by Jain and Jain
Download Jain and Jain Engineering Chemistry Book Pdf from this page along with the details of Units explained in the textbook. So, check the below Name of Units under Engineering Chemistry by Jain & Jain Textbook (Edition 16):
- Atoms and Molecules
- Role of Metals in Biology
- Valence and Chemical Bonding
- Instrumental Methods of Analysis
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Solid State Chemistry
- Reaction Dynamics/Chemical Kinetics
- Fuels and Combustion
- Mechanism of Organic Reactions
- Ionic Equilibrium
- Explosives and Propellants
- Electrochemical Cells
- Phase Rule
- Transition Metal Chemistry
- Water Treatment
- Silicate Te3chnology
- Pollution Prevention and Waste Minimisation
Eng. Chemistry Important Questions – B.Tech 1st Year
- Explain the following two theories for the mechanism of the lubricants.
(a) Boundary lubrication
(b) Extreme pressure lubrication.
- 2 litres of water obtained from a borewell in Patancheru near Hyderabad gave the following analysis for salts :- FeSO4 = 30.4 mg; CaSO4 = 13.6mg; MgCl2 = 38 mg; Ca(HCO3)2 = 32.4 mg; Mg(HCO3)2 = 14.6mg; NaCl = 11.7 mg.
- With a neat diagram describe the Orsat gas analysis method. What is the special precaution to be taken in the measurement?
- What are the Constituents of petroleum? Describe the Origin of petroleum.
- What is meant by the “softening” of water?
- How is the “Softening” of water carried out using the Zeolite Process?
- The analysis of fuel gases was found to contain the following percentage by Volume CO2=13%, O2 =6%. Find the air per kg of coal if the carbon content of coal is 85%.
- Assume that the lime used is only 85% pure and soda is only 95% pure and the molar masses of Mg(HCO3)2 and CaSO4 are respectively 146 and 136.
- Write a note on the conditions leading to the failure of refractory material.
- Write a note on lubricants with special reference to their classification, mode of action, examples, and applications.
- What is the Alkalinity of water due to and how it is estimated?
- How are the refractories are classified? Give one example for each class.
- What is coal? How it is formed? Discuss the qualities of good coal.
- Give an account of the production of petrol from crude oil.
- Give the Classification of coal and explain each class with examples.
- What are the drawbacks of raw rubber? How are its properties improved?
- Define the calorific values of a fuel. Distinguish gross and net calorific value.
- What are Refractories? Explain Thermal spalling, strength and porosity of the refractories.
FAQs on Engineering Chemistry First Year Notes & Books Pdf
1. What is Engineering Chemistry?
Engineering Chemistry program integrates advanced knowledge of organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, and electrochemistry into the design curriculum. By studying this subject, students can gain experience in the design of large-scale chemical manufacturing plants.
2. How do Engineers use Chemistry?
Chemical Engineers “invent economic ways of using materials and energy”. Chemical engineers use chemistry and engineering to turn raw materials into usable products, like medicine, petrochemicals, large-scale plastics, industrial setting, etc. They are also including waste management and research.
3. Which is the best book for Engineering Chemistry 1st-year B.Tech Subject?
Looking for Mahjong games to download for free? Here are the top free Mahjong games for PC for 2020, including Mahjong Islands, Jewel Match Royale 2: Rise of the King, Jewel Match Solitaire L'Amour, and more. Download only unlimited full version fun games online and play offline on your Windows 7/10/8 desktop or laptop computer. Amazing free Mahjong that’ll knock your socks off. Play classic and modern Mahjong games in full screen, with lots of layouts and beautiful tiles. Free full version mahjongnewinnovations.
Here are some of the best Engineering Chemistry Books Pdf, that subject expert suggested to all 1st year engineering students to make the most use of them while preparation. Get them all for free from this page, so check out the list firstly below:
- Aspen Plus: Chemical Engineering Applications.
- The Engineering Of Chemical Reactions.
- Elements of Chemical Reaction Engineering Solution Manual 5th Edition.
Hope, the information shared about Engineering Chemistry 1st Year Notes Pdf will enhance your knowledge and aids to perform well in the exam. Share this article with your friends and cousins and help them to use the download links of B.Tech 1st year EC Books, Lecture Notes, Study Materials pdf. For any other information regarding Eng. Chemistry Books Pdf, feel free to drop us your suggestions via comment box. Stay tuned to know more about other B.Tech 1st-Year Subjects Textbooks, study materials, important questions, and suggested books and utilize them as a part of preparation.Whether you are a student or a engineering professional,some books will have lot of impact in your real life. Following books will give wide knowledge in the Chemical Engineering field.
1. Unit operations of Chemical engineering.
Author - Warren Lee McCabe, Julian Smith, Peter Harriot.
2. Introduction to Chemical engineering thermodynamics.
Author - Joseph Mauk Smith, Hendrick C. Van Ness, Michael M. Abbott
3. Chemical Process Principles Part-1
Author - Joseph Mauk Smith, Hendrick C. Van Ness, Michael M. Abbott
4. Mass transfer operations
Chemical Engineering Books Pdf Quora- Mass Transfer Operations.
Author - Robert E. Treybal
5. Heat TransferHeat transfer is a important operation in every industry (Chemical, Process etc.,) because if you save energy you save money. As a beginner or a engineering professional if you have this book,then you can excel in heat balance calculations, heat exchangers, heat exchanger designs. The data present in this book is of immense value in chemical industry. Every chapter has been explained with clear illustrations. Even it is useful for Mechanical engineers.
Name - Heat Transfer.
Principles Of Chemical Engineering Pdf
Author - J.P Holman
6. Chemical reaction engineeringChemical reaction engineering is important for determining the reactor size, reactor type, temperatures and pressures required for the reaction. Reactions kinetics plays a major role in chemical industry, particularly in fertilizer and pharma sector. In this particular book you can learn about half time, conversion rates, first order reactions,second order reactions,batch reactors, continuous stirred tank reactors (CSTR), plug flow reactors (PFR), activation energies, catalyst effect etc.,
Name - Chemical reaction engineering.
Author - Octave Levenspiel.
7. Process system analysis and Control
8. Plant Design and Economics for Chemical Engineers
9. Shreve's Chemical process industriesKnowing about Chemical process principles and operations is one part, but knowing about several prominent Chemical process is required. For this Shreve's chemical process industries is a good book. This book is a collection of several chemical process, fertilizer industries, paints oil refineries, sugar industries,ceramic industries, glass industries, etc.,It hilights the major operations involving in that particular process.
Name - Shreve's Chemical process industries.
Author - George T.Austin