'Thinking About Buying Chalene Johnson's PiYo Workouts?'
‣ On Demand Challenge Pack (Best Value): Piyo Challenge Pack: https://www.teambeachbody.com/shop/d/piyo-shakeology-challe. PiYo Full Review. PiYo is an approximately eight-week (60-day) home fitnes s program with workouts scheduled 6 days a week p resented by Chalene Johnson for Beachbody. Pronounced pie-yo, the workout style combines cardiovascular exercise with features of pilates and yoga for strength and flexibility training. In this video, I demonstrate some of my favorite PiYo moves. Piyo Flip, Piyo kick through, the plank tuck and stretch, Piyo connector, PiYo Cross and more.Ge. PiYo A workout that carves an intensely defined physique—without jumps, without weights, and without straining your joints. Using your body weight, you’ll perform fluid, low-impact, high-intensity movements inspired by Pilates and yoga. With PiYo, you’ll work every single muscle to stabilize, stretch, and strengthen every inch of your. PiYo Workout List. With PiYo you’ll learn the fundamental moves first, and then begin to start flowing as you advance in the calendar. The PiYo Workout List Includes: Align: The Fundamentals(40 Minutes) Define: Lower Body (20 Minutes) Define: Upper Body (20 Minutes) Sweat (35 Minutes) Core (30 Minutes) Strength Intervals (25 Minutes) Drench.
If you are then this is a must read….because what I found might shock you! ★★✩✩✩
If you’ve already read some of the PiYo reviews and so called testimonials on blogs or other websites, then you might have noticed a similar pattern. After their reviews they all have HUGE links saying BUY HERE or CLICK HERE NOW TO VISIT OFFICIAL WEBSITE.
Why is this a problem?
Well after visiting their links I found that most (not all) of the reviews on other blogs are affiliate links. What do you mean by that you ask?
Well many of these people make money when you buy from their link, …but how do you know that they are not simply promoting a product so they can get paid?? AHHHHHH! Sorry but it really makes me mad when I see this.
Hi, my name is Debbie and I’m a single mom of two boys. I’m also a carer for my mother who has cerebral palsy and for the past 2 years I’ve struggled with my weight.
With such a busy lifestyle I have very little time, or money to go to the gym so I needed a good workout routine for women that was fun, easy and I could fit into my busy schedule.
I first heard about Chalene Johnson and her PiYo workouts via a Beach Body advertisement on T.V. and like all of their ads there was a lot of hype and promises.
Thing is, their ad almost got me because I had done yoga in the past and I heard a lot of good things about pilates, so I went online to find out some more information and well, that’s when I found all of those raving, hard to believe PiYo reviews.
Here’s some things that I have learnt when buying stuff online –
- Always do your homework.
- Read the fine print
- Just because a celebrity endorses something, it doesn’t mean it’s the best product out there!
- And ALWAYS shop around…
I myself, always search for reviews of the products I buy online and that’s why I am writing this review for you guys because hopefully it will help you.
Now, I’m not saying that Chalene Johnson is a scam or her program doesn’t work because I personally didn’t buy it. It may well and truly be a good workout BUT for the price ($72.80), all the mixed reviews and knowing that some people are being paid for their reviews – it really put me off!
Another thing that really turned me off was the heavy promotion and push on buying additional products such as BeachBody Strength Slides and Charlene Johnson’s Hardcore on the Floor DVD. All of this put together = $132.60 which to me is just ridiculous, especially when there are better programs out there for a quarter of the price.
I’m sorry if you’re a PiYo workout lover or you really like Chalene Johnson but I wouldn’t pay $72.80 for her program.
BUT, whatever you do – don’t get disheartened because I did eventually find something that I myself really enjoy and it helped me get my body and mind back in the best shape I’ve ever been in and that’s all thanks to my good friend Karen, who recommended I should try Toned In Ten (Which only cost $19).
The main reason I decided to buy Toned in Ten by Erin Nielson is because her story is real and she’s not some celebrity who’s probably been in great shape all of their life or has the money to have full time personal trainers and nutritionists.
The PiYo Alternative That Is Working For Me! ★★★★★
Here is why Erin Nielson and her Toned in Ten system is working so well for me…
- I can easily fit this in my day and it’s like having my own yoga instructor at home.
- I can follow along with on my iPad, iPhone or I can watch it on my T.V
- There is no need to go to the gym or use expensive gym equipment!
- The Toned in Ten community is so helpful and friendly.
On Erin Nielson’s website you can see other people’s results and testimonials and she also has a lot more information if you’re interested. One thing that really convinced me to buy her guide is how much she has included.
For the $19 you get videos, e-Books, audio files, charts the LOT and what I’ve been following the most lately (which is working a treat), is the Everyday Flow videos.
My Results So Far – 6 Weeks Progress
I am almost 40 which is scary and was finding it hard to stay in shape but after following Erin’s program for just over 6 weeks I have already noticed a huge difference in my skin, my body and my well being!
This is just 6 weeks in and my friends and family are already noticing. I’ve finally got my confidence back again and now I’ve started seeing the results there is no turning back. Thank goodness I found Erin’s Toned in Ten!
I told some of my friends the tips from Erin’s guides and they are hooked as well. Ohh and don’t worry I’ve shouted Karen dinner and bought her a bunch of flowers for recommending the Toned in Ten guides. Erin Nielson’s program is doing wonders for me and it’s way CHEAPER than PiYo, which is why I think it’s so popular as well.
For $19 you do get a lot for your money. I’ve read a lot of reviews and there is nothing but positive reviews all round which is another reason why I decided to get my own copy.
What I also like about it is, it’s not some celebrity endorsed product…real everyday people are using and and they’re real reviews. Some of the positive Piyo reviews I’ve seen just look fake, kind of like the fake, rehersed looking testimonials you seecommercial if you know what I mean.
Toned in Ten is $19 and there is a lot included as well, especially compared to what’s included in the Chalene Johnson’s PiYo Workout which will cost you over $70!
My PiYo Review Conclusion
If you are hell bent on buying Chalene Johnson’s PiYo Workout then I’m sorry if this wasn’t the kind of raving PiYo review like most other reviews, but I had to put this out there for people who are sick of seeing fake/to good to be true looking reviews.
I hope this helped you in some way and if it did I would really appreciate if you could Like or Share this page to get the word out.
Have a good day ladies xx.
Have questions or want to leave your own Piyo review? Simply submit a comment below…
Piyo Workout Youtube
PiYo (pronounced pie-yo) is a fast-paced exercise program inspired by aerobics, pilates, and yoga; some describe it as “cardio yoga”. Gefs online free flight simulator. The main benefits include muscle toning, body strengthening, calorie burn, and flexibility.
This trademarked form of exercise is taught by personal trainer Chalene Johnson in the Beachbody video series that’s available on DVD or streamed through Beachbody On Demand. Although Beachbody are phasing out DVDs, you can still purchase PiYo on DVD as well as streaming it, which allows you to decide which option is best for you. Keep in mind that the online streaming option gives you access to some additional PiYo workouts and online program materials.
The PiYo DVD set currently costs about $70 including shipping (the total is $72.80 to be exact).
Read on for FitRated’s full PiYo review.
Our Rating: 80/100
|Program||PiYo by Beachbody|
Pros & Cons
Piyo For Beginners Workout
- Dramatic Weight Loss Results: If you’re looking to lose weight quickly, PiYo is a great choice. It boosts your metabolism, revs your heart rate, and helps increase total fat burning.
- Ramp Up Your Energy Level: This workout variety will get your blood flowing and muscles moving. You’ll have far more energy at the end of your session than you did going in.
- Low Impact: A great workout routine that still protects the joints which is perfect for those looking to prevent or recover from an injury.
- Very Little Equipment: To perform this workout, you’ll only need a towel or yoga mat along with appropriate clothing.
- 20% Negative Reviews: About half of these negative customer reviews came from customers who had trouble playing the DVDs, and others who considered the workouts as too easy or too hard.
- Intermediate Level: PiYo might be too difficult for home workout beginners and too easy for those in great shape.
- Advertisements: Get ready to see ads for Beachbody products throughout the DVDs and on the screening service.
- DVD Errors: Roughly 10% of customer reviews complain that the DVDs “freeze” or have other playback issues, so it’s a good idea to check that the discs play correctly immediately after they arrive.
- Basic Meal Guide: If you already eat well, the Get Lean eating guide won’t provide anything new. The book explains how to balance foods to maximize your workout payoff without feeling deprived. It shows how to calculate the number of daily servings to fit your body size and fitness goal.
PiYo Full Review
PiYo is an approximately eight-week (60-day) home fitness program with workouts scheduled 6 days a week presented by Chalene Johnson for Beachbody. Pronounced pie-yo, the workout style combines cardiovascular exercise with features of pilates and yoga for strength and flexibility training. Each exercise routine is about 20 to 45 minutes long, with the majority clocking in at around half an hour. Trainees are encouraged to also follow the Get Lean approach to nutrition (book included with DVD packages or in the program materials section online).
Free Full Piyo Workouts
The name “PiYo” is taken from pilates and yoga, but PiYo is a higher energy workout than its namesakes. PiYo exercise is cardiovascular like classic aerobics, but with the influence of pilates and yoga its moves are low impact (gentle on joints). One of the best things about daily PiYo routine is that the sessions range in length, so no matter what your schedule happens to be, you can fit them in. These workouts are ideal for those who are looking for light to moderate exercise and have a few months or years of experience under their belt. Since it does incorporate some intermediate-to-advanced workout demands, beginners may feel a bit awkward trying these routines.
How It Works
PiYo addresses whole-body fitness through daily exercise videos and balanced nutrition. The DVD set arrives with a large wall calendar displaying your daily exercise plan; the schedule alternates between seven video classes. The shortest PiYo video is 19 minutes and the longest is 48.
The set also arrives with a booklet, the Get Lean Eating Plan. The PiYo Get Lean Eating Plan is based on portion size but not calorie counting. It’s essentially what we’ve seen with other Beachbody home workout programs. The main idea is that in order to lose weight and feel energized, you should eat food types in a certain ratio (including lots of vegetables and little oil, for instance).
Many people like Beachbody’s color-coded food containers (sold separately from PiYo) because they make portioning easy. The food containers help people plan their daily intake in terms of proteins, carbs, healthy fats, and more.
Seven workout videos are repeated over the eight-week PiYo program. All seven videos show how to boost your heart rate while losing pounds, toning your muscles, and gaining flexibility.
Each video is led by celebrity personal trainer Chalene Johnson, whose coaching approach is more about encouragement than being a “drill sergeant”. Alongside Chalene are male and female assistants who show exercise modifications.
No special equipment is needed besides an exercise mat, and a thick mat is especially useful here during exercises that touch your knees to the floor.
Here are the seven PiYo videos (in order of difficulty):
- Align: The Fundamentals – 43 minutes – This video serves as an introduction to PiYo. It focuses on basic moves that are used in other videos, but here they are broken down to help newcomers achieve proper form. It’s also useful for calorie burn after you’ve learned the basics.
- Define: Lower Body – 20 minutes – Here Chalene helps sculpt your lower core and legs (especially the thighs) with exercises that stretch and tone.
- Define: Upper Body – 19 minutes – This is the shortest PiYo exercise video. It targets the shoulders, biceps and triceps.
- Sculpt – 26 minutes – Chalene’s “Sculpt” PiYo workout alternates between slow and fast-paced exercise. It focuses on lengthening the muscles and it tones different muscle groups in isolation.
- Strength Intervals – 25 minutes – This video focuses on light resistance training to build whole-body strength without adding bulk.
- Sweat – 37 minutes – You’ll sweat during any PiYo workout, but this workout is more challenging than those described above. It’s especially fast-paced cross training with cardio yoga and resistance exercises.
- Drench – 48 minutes – This intense cardio yoga video targets all the major muscle groups. It’s the longest and most difficult workout in the PiYo set (and it burns the most calories per minute).
The PiYo DVD set and program materials sell for $72.80 which includes the shipping fee. You can also watch PiYo videos with a Beachbody On Demand subscription, and there’s a variety of packages to choose from. Choosing the On Demand option, you’ll have 24/7 access to hundreds of fitness videos including exercise classes and cooking shows.
PiYo especially appeals to trainees who appreciate the strengthening and flexibility benefits of yoga and pilates, but want faster-paced workouts with more cardio intensity.
This home workout program works best for those who occupy the middle of the bell curve. If you need an especially easy or advanced fitness program, then PiYo isn’t for you.
We generally recommend that you try PiYo through Beachbody On Demand instead of buying the DVDs. The DVDs have quality control issues and getting three or six month access to Beachbody On Demand is cheaper than buying the whole PiYo DVD set, as well as giving you a whole range of workout programs at your fingertips.