What Visual Basic is not H Visual Basic is not, a powerful programming language that enables you to do anything you want. H Visual Basic is not, elegant or fast. H Visual Basic is not, a replacement for C. H Visual Basic is not, anything like any other programming language you have ever used.
- Table of Contents Bradley; Programming in Visual Basic 2010 1 - Introduction to Visual Basic 2010 2 - User Interface Design 3 - Variables, Constants, and Calculations 4 - Decisions and Conditions 5 - Menus, Common Dialog Boxes, Sub Procedures, and Function Procedures 6 - Multiform Projects 7 - Lists, Loops, and Printing 8 - Arrays 9 - Web Applications 10 - Database Applications 11 - Data Files.
- Microsoft provides the following development tools for VB.Net programming: Visual Studio 2010 (VS) Visual Basic 2010 Express (VBE) Visual Web Developer The last two are free. Using these tools, you can write all kinds of VB.Net programs from simple command-line applications to more complex applications. Visual Basic Express.
- Visual Studio 2010 Express works well by integrating the.NET Framework alongside the two supported programming languages: Visual Basic and C#. The suite is easy to use with a shallow learning curve to encourage the amateur user. Pro's: Basic suite that is easy to pick up.
If you found this free Visual Basic® .NET book useful,
then please share it ❤😊
- Getting started with Visual Basic .NET Language
- Declaring variables
- Introduction to Syntax
- Short-Circuiting Operators (AndAlso - OrElse)
- File Handling
- File/Folder Compression
- Connection Handling
- Data Access
- Type conversion
- ByVal and ByRef keywords
- Disposable objects
- Using Statement
- Option Strict
- Option Explicit
- Option Infer
- Error Handling
- OOP Keywords
- Extension methods
- Visual Basic 14.0 Features
- FTP server
- Working with Windows Forms
- Google Maps in a Windows Form
- WinForms SpellCheckBox
- Using axWindowsMediaPlayer in VB.Net
- WPF XAML Data Binding
- Reading compressed textfile on-the-fly
- Using BackgroundWorker
- Task-based asynchronous pattern
- Debugging your application
- Unit Testing in VB.NET
What people are saying about Notes for Professionals books
Thanks for this - really useful reference!
Nice! Never knew about the null condition operator.
This is gold. Programming Notes for Professionals #books - FOR FREE!
This is really cool! Thanks a lot!
These free programming reference books are pretty nice http://books.goalkicker.com
Wow! Awesome resource. Thanks a lot!
The Visual Basic® .NET Notes for Professionals book is compiled from Stack Overflow Documentation, the content is written by the beautiful people at Stack Overflow. Text content is released under Creative Commons BY-SA. See credits at the end of this book whom contributed to the various chapters. Images may be copyright of their respective owners unless otherwise specified
Book created for educational purposes and is not affiliated with Visual Basic® .NET group(s), company(s) nor Stack Overflow. All trademarks belong to their respective company owners
149 pages, published on May 2018
More Programming Books
View More Free Programming Books
To support continued development and improvements to this book, please consider a small bitcoin donation: 1H63m55bw6KDYUaKU1mYLGrzDf4wcrVzhX Casio ctk 720 driver mac downloadwestcoastfree.
Visual Basic 2010 is the latest version of Visual Basic launched by Microsoft in 2010. VB2010 is almost similar to Visual Basic 2008, but it has added many new features. Like Visual Basic 2008 , Visual Basic 2010 is also a full fledged Object-Oriented Programming(OOP) Language, so it has caught up with other OOP languages such as C++, Java,C# and others.
However, you don't have to know OOP to learn VB2010. In fact, if you are familiar with Visual Basic 6, you can learn VB2010 effortlessly because the syntax and interface are similar. Visual Basic 2010 Express Edition is available free for download from the Microsoft site. Click on this link Visual Studio to download Vb2010. After installation, you need to register your copy of Visual Basic 2010 Express, otherwise, it will expire in 30 days. The registration is free provided you have a Microsoft account.
1.1 The Visual Basic 2010 Integrated Development Environment
The Integrated Development Environment when you launch VB2010 Express is shown in the diagram below. The IDE Start Page consists of a few sections, namely:
- The New Project/Open Project section.
- The Recent Projects section that shows a list of projects that have been created by you recently.
- The Getting Started Pane- It provides some helpful tips to quickly develop your applications.
- The Latest News section- It provides latest online news about Visual Basic 2010 Express. It will announce new releases and updates
- The Properties section
1.2 Creating Your First Application
To start creating your first application, you need to click on New Project. The following VB2010 New Project dialog box will appear.
The dialog box offers you five types of projects that you can create. As we are going to learn to create windows Applications, we will select Windows Forms Application.
At the bottom of this dialog box, you can change the default project name WindowsApplication1 to some other name you like, for exampe, myFirstProgram. After you have renamed the project, click OK to continue. The following IDE Windows will appear, it is almost similar to Visual Basic 6. It consists of an empty form, the toolbox tab and the properties. The layout is slightly different from vb2008 as the Toolbox is not shown until you click on the Toolbox tab.
When you click on the Toolbox tab, the common controls Toolbox will appear.
Now drag the button control into the form, and change its default Text Button1 to OK in the properties window, the word OK will appear on the button in the form, as shown below:
Next, click on the OK button and the code window appears. Enter the code as follows:
Visual Basic For Beginners Pdf
When you run the the program and click on the OK button, a dialog box will appear and display the 'WELCOME TO VISUAL BASIC 2010' message,as shown below: